Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Week 1--Technology Background

Can I just say that I thought I was technologically advanced (ish) until I tried to make this blog??? :) In 4th grade, my teacher gave us old keyboards...yes, just the keyboard...no computer attached. I actually LOVED it. That's were I learned to type--I would just sit on the couch and practice typing silly things like little 4th grade girls do....(wow... what an awesome way to spend my time!) I try to stay hip with all the cool things out there--especially google...I mean, anytime I have a question I just GOOGLE it. Did you know that is an actual verb now? Kinda cool. I do tech support for BYU/the Church right now and have been doing it for 10 months. I'm pretty sure I'm not as technologically advanced as I would like to think I am. I have learned so much at this job and have been able to develop skills to help me use computers in ways I never knew! I'm pretty sure technology rocks. Yep, almost positive in fact. :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow Erin! You have a lot of experience with technology and I love that you are so open to learning more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin - great posting! People at all levels can learn from this class - there is tons of technology possibilities for teachers. If an assignment doesn't seem like it is going to stretch you, please contact me so that we can pick something that will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, thats awesome that you work the the church/BYU doing tech support. I guess I should come and talk to you if I need a job in that technical department...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh - and I hope that you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete