Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tech Inventory

When I first got into my classroom I thought, "Wow! There is NO technology in here". However, I was sadly mistaken. My teacher has carefully planned lessons that incorporate technology, even if it is just watching a projected video from her laptop, or using a microphone for class. When I asked her about other technologies, it turns out the school is more technologically advanced than I thought! It turns out that there are many resources for teachers to use technology in their classrooms.

The 6th grade students have access to SMART boards, which I must say are pretty cool! I think that they help students to have hands-on learning with technology...what more could you ask for? Students have an opportunity to go weekly to the computer lab to learn more about technology and the great resources that can be found using it. I think that my school has plenty of opportunities for students to use technology and for teachers to get technology into the classroom. It really is a great thing!

1 comment:

  1. Erin - Glad you and I both are loving the 3rd grade! It is interesting to read the other blogs and see what kind of technology is available to them. I completely forgot about the teacher's microphone in my classroom inventory! Whoops! Anyway, hope all worked out with the windshield to your car!

    ReplyDelete